Israel's restoration on both a material and spiritual level is not just a Jewish story. It is a joint project of Jews and Gentiles working together to fulfill God's redemption of his ancient people.
As history reflects, The Creator's comprehensive plan was not just a small group of Semites living on the Eastern Mediterranean Coast. Rather, it was for all mankind. To fulfill this purpose, the Jewish people were sifted among the Gentiles. (means nations)
By bringing the Holy Scriptures to the world at large, spiritual seeds were planted, whereby eventually people of many ethnicities would want to get behind the Biblical plan for the Jewish people. This was foretold in the Bible, especially in the Book of Isaiah in seven places.
Let us look at these ancient prophecies, which are coming to pass in our generation.
(11) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the ord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyr ia and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar,and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. (12) And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel,and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
Notice the regathering is for a second time. So it does not refer to the Babylonian captivity, and emigration back to the Land in the times of Ezra and Nehemiah. This was to be a world wide ingathering. Isaiah had no normal way of knowing the extent of Israel's dispersion.
It was the nations, (Gentiles) through the UN that authorized the modern day sovereignty of the State of Israel.
In Isaiah 14:1,2 it says:
(1) For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel,and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the House of Jacob. (2) And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the House of Israel shall possess them in the land of the Lord for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.
Not only would Jewish people be relocated, but it would be to a country recognized as their own. Moreover, strangers (means Gentiles) will join and cleave to the Jewish people, as a Biblical connection. Amazingly, these strangers will be glad to assist even as servants to this great Scriptural cause.
Again Isaiah predicts in chapter 43:5,6:
(5) Fear not: for Iam with thee: Iwill bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west: (6) I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
In order to come from the East (Arab nations), West (Europe) and the North (Moscow is due North of Jerusalem), the nations were going to play a role. Some Gentiles would fulfill their role through adversity and others through mercy and kindness.
For almost 20 years, Jewish synagogues had signs prominently posted outside at street side that said, "Free Soviet Jewry". Amazingly, this happened and within a few years over a million Jews emigrated to Israel with the disintegration of the Soviet Union.
Russia, that great military and resource rich country couldn't stand up against this ancient prophecy. The world's diplomats must come to realize that Israel's future, as foretold in the Scriptures is the center of world wide geopolitics.
Not only are many Gentiles going to be of help, but they are going to want to do the heavy lifting, as Isaiah tells in chapter 49:22.
(22) Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles,and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms,and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
For decades the United States has given approximately $3 Billion with American dollars in foreign aid to Israel. During the Reagan presidency the Strategic Defense Initiative, (SDI), known as Star Wars technology was politically unfeasible. So, Israel was asked to develop the Arrow Missile Defense System. It is in place today in the Land of Zion. It is also being installed along America's East and West coast lines. By agreement only these two countries can share in the benefit of this technology.
The "standard" spoken of in this Scripture refers to a rallying flag. Providence established a central place for Israel to regather. It wouldn't be Uganda as some hoped decades before. No, God would do the impossible and amaze the world.
Again,this theme is highlighted in Isaiah 60:4,5
(4) Lift thine eyes round about and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. (5) Then thou shalt see, and flow together,and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee,the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
Noticed the daughters are being nursed, figuratively, who is doing that? It is the Gentiles, of course. From the Biblical perspective, the world is made up of two categories of people.
There are the Jews and also the Gentiles. If this 'nursing" isn't being done by fellow Jews, it must be speaking of Gentile kindness.
When verse five speaks of the forces of the Gentiles helping Israel, could that refer to assistance in building a military? A few verses later, Isaiah also seems to speak of our modern age.
(8) Who are these that fly as a cloud, and the doves to their windows? (9) Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
Verse 8, seems to speak about airplanes. Isaiah possibly saw in his vision air-borne Jews being transported. It's just too specific to explain in normal human terms. In verse 9, it speaks of Mediterranean Seafarers and the bringing of wealth to the regathered Jewish nation. Start up venture capital, foreign aid and Christian tourism come to mind as helping to accomplish this prophecy about wealth flowing in to the Promised Land.
In chapter 61 of Isaiah, verses 4-6, the prophet tells not only of the great modern buildings, but of the reverence for its ancient places.
(4) And they shall build the old wastes,they shall raise up the former desolations of many generations. (5) And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. (6) But ye shall be named the Priests of the Lord: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches if the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.
Verse 5 seems to tell of Gentiles gladly doing supportive work with flocks, agriculture and wine making. Actually, Arabs do a lot of this labor intensive work throughout Israel's present day economy.
Verse 6, gives some indication as to what is causing this deep down motivation by Gentiles. It infers people sense it is the Creator's design that the Jewish people be mediators between man and God. This is a definition of a priest. In a way, when Gentiles put themselves out for the Jewish nation, it is a way of reaching upward toward God. This especially shows itself by spending and giving of their wealth.
The affirming and facilitating role of the Gentiles has begun, is well underway, and is probably more towards its beginning than its end. The Balfour Declaration by British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Baron Walter Rothschild, leader of the British Jewish Community was made on November 2, 1917. It was forwarded to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland as an official statement that the government "would look with favor on the establishment of a Jewish State." An important gate had swung open by a Christian Zionist in a position of great authority.
Since then, the Guiding Hand of Providence has been at work among many Gentile political leaders to facilitate and implement the Almighty's inevitable purpose pertaining to the Jewish nation. Many in the American Congress and in Parliaments around the world provide meaningful help to the Zionist nation. These officials need to see a credible case on the merits of specific issues. Given that, many are inclined to see their way clear to favor Zion.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ROLE OF THE GENTILES